A multi-ratio UnUn for use on HF (1.8-30MHz) with up to 200w RF power. Sometimes, a single ratio just isn't enough if you're changing bands or out /P with different lengths of wire. The 3 ratios allow you to easily find a better match to your radio/tuner. Use of counterpoise/radials is advised. All fixings are stainless-steel.
- 4:1, 9:1 and 16:1 taps
- FT240-43 Core
- Use with random end-fed wire or vertical
- SO239 coax input and M4 (4mm) terminals for aerial+counterpoise
- Sealed with potting-compound - fully weather-proof
- Weight: 300g
- PDF Guide - Multi UnUn
Made (and used) by us - Be wary of any supplier who can't (or won't) tell you what's inside the box you buy!
Choosing a Balun
We are often asked "what balun should I use?" by customers - here's our simple guide to choosing the right one:
- Resonant dipole, coax-fed - 1:1 Choke Balun (we have 100w and 400w versions)
- Doublet fed with ladder-line - 1:1 Choke Balun or 4:1 Current Balun (most times, a 1:1 is preferable)
- Random/long-wire down the garden (or up a pole) - UnUn, 9:1 is the common ration, but our model offers 4, 9 and 16:1
- Choking Coaxial Cable - 1:1 Line Isolator